* Workers' Compensation R&D is looking for a candidate with 5 or more exams
and experience in commercial lines.
* General Liability R&D is looking for a candidate with at least 3 exams and
some commercial lines experience. However, if a suitable candidate with
more exams (or even fellowship) is available, we will consider hiring him or
her as the General Liability R&D unit manager.
* Reinsurance R&D is looking for a candidate with about 5 exams, and some
experience in either commercial lines or reinsurance.
We will also consider candidates not fitting these guidelines. Knowing
Excel and SAS is a plus.
We are looking for people who can work effectively on problems for which
there are no established solutions and present results, both orally and in
writing, in ways that non-technical people can understand. The new
actuaries will be given as much responsibility as they can handle, and they
will be expected to become "the experts" on certain areas of responsibility.
We typically get involved in things like:
- Product development and management.
- Development and support of pricing tools.
- Analysis of the book of business, both in aggregate and at the account
- Planning support. This includes recommended trends, target loss ratios,
ratios of ALAE to loss, claim frequencies, and other parameters for use in
annual business planning.
- Analysis of the company's exposure to catastrophes, and ways of dealing
with that exposure.
- Attend field audits and recommend improvements to any areas of concern.
- Becoming experts in a given line, able to answer questions for
underwriters, actuaries, and others in the company
We often work closely with other departments (Underwriters, Reinsurance,
Claims) and with outside parties like reinsurers.
If this sounds interesting, please contact the R&D Unit manager, Dr. Eric
Brosius, FCAS, at Liberty Mutual Group, 175 Berkeley Street, Mail Stop 10C,
Boston MA 02117. You can phone him at (617) 574-6691, fax him at (617)
574-5558, or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the CAS Web Site at http://www.casact.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe from CASNET:
Send an e-mail to email@example.com
Type in the body join casnet to subscribe
or leave casnet to unsubscribe.